In the description of these blogs assignments it’s asserted that, “since the beginning of this module[I’ve] come up with an idea,[ I’ve] written text for it, modified based on feedback from various sources, done research on topic around it, and figured out how to market it”. The truth of the matter is that’s not true, its 80% true, it was going so well all the way up to the marketing section. I haven’t really taught about how to market it at all, well that is up until just after that was published on the digital media blogs. In fact I’m slightly at a loss when it comes to developing a marketing plan. I will hopefully have a better understanding of marketing in semester two when we start into our e business module, (god I hope so).
We’ve been given a good grounding in distribution from Web 2.0 and the freed up distribution allowed by it and I know we’re allowed to dream big and imagine we’ve an unlimited budget and that should be liberating but in truth that seemed more daunting. So I will try to ground my marketing plan based on what I know. Unfortunately, however because my end product will be for children and young children at that there will be a need to in a way insulate them and protect them from the well publicised dangers of this level of interaction. First thing I would develop the drupal site I created as a hub,
I like drupal as a platform because it allows you to set up forums and blogs and polls and this allows for a high degree of interaction, which I would aim towards parents and primary school teachers. This would create I hope a strong sense of involvement for the parents and teachers in the shaping of the program and what inclusions are made to newer releases. This use of web 2.0 technologies and the ability for parents and teachers to work together in shaping this e learning tool will define it as unique in the market place. I do not mind taking part in a more communal creative process and I feel building on this sense of ownership on the product on the end users and nurturing this sense is what will hopefully give my product longevity.

Marketing is listed in Week 10 of the pink handbook, so I'm not sure why you're so surprised by the requirement. It's a shame you missed the lecture on it last week, but you needn't worry excessively--I know you haven't had the business module yet, and the primary focus is still on the text itself.
ReplyDelete[full marks]