D.A.R.W.I.N. fumbled excitedly through the willow leaves curtain that draped around his lab and hurried to the door. Twisting the door handle remnants of the billowing blue smoke snuck past his large metallic feet, which Beagle was nervously and excitedly peering around from behind of. The lab had a strange dull glow and a distinctive sapphire tint. D.A.R.W.I.N. hurried in his movement energetic and full of excited hustle. Beagle scurried in after him making sure to stay within the safety of his friend’s shadow. The last of the blue smoke flutter and danced out the door into the sundrenched garden. “We’ll Beagle, what do you think of it, isn’t it the most wondrous contraption you’ve ever seen?,” Boomed D.A.R.W.I.N. full of pride twirling around on his axis.
“Well old bo...., where the heavens?.... “ enquired the robot android trailing of from his sentence. Beagle was nowhere to be seen. “Huh?” breathed the robot, “I was sure he was behind me,” he said as he scanned the scene in front of him. All of a sudden the confused machine felt something warm furry and trembling slight at the back off his feet, looking down he saw Beagle looking up. Beagle realised he’d been caught out and tried to act brave wagging his tail.
The Android smiled “Whatever are you doing there? Come out and don’t be such a nervous nelly.” Slowly Beagle emerged out from behind D.A.R.W.I.N., all the while keeping up appearances with his tail performing its little act with a woggle back and forth. In front of him he saw the source of the blue glow.
“Well boy, What do you think?”, D.A.R.W.I.N. clearly very proud of himself. Beagle had never seen such a device. There in the corner stood a large mechanism shaped like an hour glass. In the top half the blue smoke puffed and swirled as the little sun like objects trickelled and dribbled down to the lower section like sand. The dog ran over excitedly to the machine, his tail still had its wiggle only now it wasn’t an act. He pressed his nose up to the lower half of the piece of equipment and saw that within it was actually a tiny little ecosystem”
“I give you the Timo-Dome” behind him the voice of D.A.R.W.I.N. pronounced full of pride.
Monday, November 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Had trouble copying my text in the word document over to blogger, it took around ten minutes to figure out it only worked if you paste it in to html section of the new post window and not the compose section, this has never happened before and really stumped me
ReplyDeleteOh technology, what a pain in the neck--at least you've learned something new! This narrative is going along swimmingly, great stuff!
ReplyDelete[freewrite, full marks]